Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday, October 29, 2005

They're still here!!

I can't believe it, my builders are still here!

:::does little happy dance around the kitchen:::

I'm so pleased, I'm even making them a cup of tea (which I try to avoid doing more than once or twice a visit, as it slows them down even more) But as it's now 2pm and they're still laying bricks, I think they deserve it.

And it's not raining. I've got nappies on the line, I've nearly finished one of my knitting projects, the dining room table is completely clear and the girls have gone to bed after spending the last hour fighting like she-cats. I don't know what's got into them. Well, actually, yes I do. They've been watching television, and the difference in their behaviour is startling. And quite disturbing.

The last few mornings, as I've been so knackered, I've said yes to requests for having kids tv on. So it's my own fault really, as it's given me an extra half hour to wake up and shower and generally psyche myself up to facing the day. But in the end, it's been counter productive, as I've come downstairs to find them watching the pre-teen crap, instead of the fluffy cbeebie stuff. So Myf had a final warning this morning - I catch you watching that stuff again, and I will personally cut the plug off the tv. And they've fought and yelled and screeched (Piglet has the most incredible voice - first she screams and squeals like a stuck pig, then starts this growling wail - impossible to describe but it's got to hurt her throat).

However, I'm off to clean the kitchen, as we're going to do some baking once they wake up. Hopefully that will put them in a better mood! :)

Edited to say - I knew I should have kept my mouth shut. Less than half an hour later, they went. Ran out of sand, didn't have the stilsaw for cutting the bricks... and it's not even raining yet. :/

2 Comments:

Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Bleargh. I'm guessing that means they didn't get the brickwork finished then :(

giggle to the tv plug, never made that particular promise, but it's a good one.

2:26 pm  
Blogger Debbie Pritchard said...

oh no sorry to hear about builders
these tradespeple are all the same. I'm just waiting for them to ask for money....and guess how long they'll have to wait!!!
Debs

7:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home