Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Good start to the day though

Thought I'd better blog something a little more PC and cheerful. :) We had an excellent start to the day. I caved in to peer pressure and let the girls put the tv on. Which meant I got an extra half hour in bed before being leapt on by a starving two year old demanding 'bekfast now mommy'. Bad mother that I am. :)

After food, shower, clothes etc, I debated peeling the offspring away from the tv... my computer won, however, so they got to watch Cbeebies until nearly 11am! Doubly bad parent. However, I drew the line at Big Cook Little Cook - I can only listen to that theme tune once a month, so it got switched off as soon as they started waving bye-bye.

Myf then sat at my desk whilst I was clearing off the buffet unit and found a Sudoku.

"What's this Mom?"
"Oh, that's just a game." She says, blase...
"Really? Can I play?"
"If you want. It's just a logic game."
"What's that then?"

Cue a half hour session on Sudoku, and she completed half a puzzle, half of that on her own! I'm stunned. Here's a child who can't do simple addition, instantly grasping the concept of 'no two numbers the same in one column, box or row' and also, getting the idea of working her way through the possible options for each little box very quickly. It's no wonder I'm going grey.

After a hurried lunch (yes, doesn't time fly when you're just ambling along?) we zoomed over to Nikki and Emily's for cake and company. It was a lovely afternoon, with scrumptious chocolate cake baked by Emily. The girls all had a blast - Emily seems to own practically every single Polly Pocket house, mansion and compact on the market and my three were in raptures.

Then I went upstairs and found the 'stockroom'... oh boy oh boy oh boy. Jax, you think you've got books... think again! It was absolute bliss and I could have stayed there all day, working my way around the bookshelves (there's at least two in every room!) and the boxes of wonderful bits and pieces and kits and wands and all manner of fascinating stuff. Next time I go, I'm going to give myself plenty of time, and take a chequebook with me. lol

The girls abandoned the Polly Pockets in favour of the dressing up box and we had to peel Tea's outfit off her when it was time to go home. Will most definately have to do that again. Before we'd even turned the truck around, Myf was asking when we could go and play with Emily again. And I was very impressed it was Emily she asked to go see again, and not the kittens! Who were cuteness personified and very sensibly hid for most of our visit. Piglet is a little over enthusiastic when it comes to cats. Thanks for a lovely afternoon Nikki!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Awww, thank you for coming! We had a great time, and Emily's enchanted with your gorgeous girls. And our stock does need running down a little.....so we'll see you soon, hopefully! :)

11:12 pm  
Blogger Emma said...

Sounds like you all had a lovely day :-)

8:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home