Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Had a lovely day

Been most productive. Ok, so I didn't get any house work done, at all. (Bar a little laundry, but I don't class that as housework as the washer & dryer are in the outhouse).

We did some maths worksheets, some reading, a little writing, playdough and talked about Europe (note to self, must get world map up on wall...), and then it was lunch time, followed by nap time. I had planned to walk down into the village after nap time, but we ended up in the garden (go see Muddy Musings for some gorgeous spring pictures). I managed to get the lawn mower to start, which was nothing short of a miracle considering it's a petrol mower and has been sat outside all winter! We hacked the grass on the top lawn short (note to self #2, get mower blades sharpened) and generally had a tidy up. It looks great! :)

Now, babies are in bed, I must switch this off and go do something useful, like finish making the curtains for the landing, or find a kitchen counter under the mess.

Keep getting side tracked by things like this though, and wondering where the planet is going to end up next. Then there's bird flu, which has been crossed with the resurrected Spanish flu, the production of a pandemic flu virus 'in order to figure out how to fight it', the shortage of immunisations for it...

I could go on. But I won't. Instead, I'm going to go back to my little sewing machine in the corner of my untidy dining room, and plot my emmigration to Croatia. :) Which is a whole 'nother story.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jax Blunt said...

You're in a cheerful mood tonight!

(((Kris)))

Well, glad that you had some fun in the sun anyway.

9:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just need a medicinal dose of chocolate!

Sounds like we both had good days today - I'm off round the local flea market tomorrow, and then got to finish the digging. The soil under the grass isn't brilliant and will need some work.

9:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home