Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Friday, March 11, 2005

Potting sheds and deep discussions

Been an interesting, if somewhat hectic kind of day.

D finished the third part of her I Can Read It! book, and seemed quite pleased with herself. Then my potting shed arrived before we could do any writing, so I let her switch the tv on (!) whilst I took pics of the shed being assembled.

Then we all sowed a few seeds - T did a couple of sunflowers, whilst D sowed a flat of mixed lettuce to crop as baby leaves. They were both very pleased with themselves. Piglet (F's nickname, btw) just paddled in the giant bag of compost and was very happy too.

Then Gary Podmore, Lesley (Doncaster's EO contact), Sarah and Kirsty arrived, with offspring. Absolute chaos ensued, in which Sarah was fabulous, keeping offspring well fed with cheese toasties, on hand to zip up jackets and help wellies onto the right feet. Meanwhile the rest of us sat around and drank tea (made by Sarah!) and talked about next week's meeting with Doncaster LEA. I think we've got a reasonable plan of action. I'm glad Gary is in on it all as he's had plenty of experience dealing with bolshy LEA's. Makes me feel much better about the whole thing.

By the time they left, it was getting on for 4.30pm. I retrieved wet, muddy and happy children from the bottom of the garden, wiped them down, gave them an apple a piece and sat them down in front of Eliot Moose. Then I got to spend an hour on my latest project - making a couple of summer dresses for the girls. I've resurrected my old sewing machine and I got so into cutting and pinning and sowing that I never noticed the time until James walked in at 6.30! Bad mother.

Three bowls of pasta, followed by three bowls of tinned pears later, three girls were bathed and brushed and turfed into bed. And now it's peace and quiet and catch up on blogs time.

Oh - my bath is ready. Knew the man was good for something ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home