Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Friday, March 04, 2005

Playing catch up

Not been blogging a huge amount lately. Not sure why - have spent enough time on the computer.

But, in brief, check out Sarah's, Jax's and Barbara's blog for mention of where we've been and what we've been doing. :)

Howzat?

Ok, didn't think that would get me off the hook.

To be honest, I'm in no fit state of mind to blog about anything today. Last night was horrid - James and F took it in turns to barf all night long. When most people say they didn't get a wink of sleep, you tend to take it with a pinch of salt. But I think I got half an hour's kip, maximum. I spent part of the night lying on the spare bed in F's room with her cuddled up to me, swathed in tea towels, terry nappies and the like, half propped up to help her everytime she retched. Retch, wipe up ick, cuddle her for 20 minutes, start to doze, retch, wipe up ick, cuddle her for 15 minutes... etc etc etc ad naseum...

Luckily D and T are fine - they're bouncing off the walls, thrilled that I've let them have the tv on all day. I haven't even objected to Tiny Pop. Urgh.

I just feel washed out - sore throat but (fingers crossed) internal workings just fine. Having just read Barbara's blog, I'm off to make some soup for tea, seeing as how James is still in bed and the other two have raided the fridge for the remains of last night's pizza and a stray sausage roll left over from Sarah's. Poor children, having to forage for their supper. :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Oh, many hugs for the illness and resulting tiredness.

Not sure whether I ever said thank you for the seeds, either, but we got them, so THANK YOU very much!

6:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be that you end up chatting instead?
Catch you later!

12:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home