Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday, January 30, 2005

No hangover...

... so must really try harder next time. :) Had a great night out, the girls all survived quite happily without me, and DH had even taken them for a walk in the woods (all three of them!) plus dog by the time I got home. Didn't do the supermarket nonsense, though - couldn't face fighting through the scrum.

Does everyone wake up on a Sunday morning and go 'I know, let's go to Asda/Tesco/Sainsbury's, seeing as how it's our day off...' ? What is it about Sunday shopping? Like these people don't have anything better to do. I know I go on Sunday's occasionally, but that's because I can dump small peopleon DH and I can fly around the store unhindered by requests for grapes, long bread, chocolate mini rolls etc etc. Everyone else seems to treat it like a family day out! Mum, Dad, squally kids, Granny with her zimmer frame. Gee, there's our excitement for the week - a bottle of ketchup got broke on aisle 9 you know... left terrible wheel marks when we ran the trolley through it.

Sorry, I digress. Maybe I've still got a little black russian running through my veins. I haven't had one of those in ages, and had two to finish the evening off last night. Yum.

Now I'm going to clear up the chaos DH left in the kitchen and try and put the dining room back into some kind of order. 'No problems,' says he. 'I can look after kids.' Yeah, but what about everything else? lol. He did fold a load of laundry though, which is a bonus. Shouldn't complain too much though - poor sod has had to go to work today. Doing a wedding fayre - mm, exciting. Would probably rather go to the supermarket...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home