Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Night out!

Well, whoda thunk it? I'm off out for a girlie night out. Just me and a pal, Lisa, and we're hitting the high spots of Doncaster (both of them).

Small problem, though - it's races night. And although I know it's a huge bonus for the town, the drunken population of the High Street doubles... you've never seen so many completely pi**ed up people in your entire life. All wildly over dressed wearing next to nothing (yes, I do mean that) and completely off their trolleys. And probably have been since about 3pm.

Oh well. We're just going to get pleasantly inebriated in a quiet corner somewhere and watch the world go by - and laugh. :) And I'm not even going home - I'm going to stay over the night as a taxi back out here would cost anywhere between £15 and £20. So I'll sleep on her nice squashy sofa and then do a quick supermarket sweep before heading home in the morning. Where hopefully DH and the girls will be so happy to have me back that everyone will behave themselves for the rest of the week.

Ha.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Hope you had a great time ;)

10:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun Hun - see you Monday. Dino has lots he wants to talk to you about!! I think you might just have an admirer there lol.

11:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home