Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday, January 22, 2005

The Nutcracker

What a lovely day we've had. Really, really lovely in every sense of the word.

I dropped T and F at Grandma's at about 11am, stopped for a chat, then drove across to Sheffield to Barbara's and even got there on time for once. :) We had lunch with them (gorgeous lamb stew, kind of like a stove-top version of moussaka, with chickpeas and aubergines, and sprinkled with feta cheese, served over couscous... mmmm), and then Barbara, E and her mother-in-law, D and myself all climbed in Barbara's car for the drive across Sheffield to the Lyceum.

There, we met up with Jax and Big, Jan and C. Check out Jax's blog for a much better description of the day than I can manage in my tired and fuzzy state of mind.

But one thing I have to say - I am so proud of D I could burst. The changeling the aliens left for me a couple of days ago is the most amazing creature any mother could wish to have. She behaved wonderfully in the theatre, played with E most contentedly once back at Barbara's for tea and a book borrowing session (lol), and then chatted aimiably all the way home, dozing in between observations about Barbie, Nutcracker, music and men who don't wear trousers whilst dancing in white tights. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger stuart said...

Hey, that really is the meal Barbara serves everyone when they go there for lunch then, mmm, it was yummy, we had it too, just before Christmas. And I thought she was joking ;)

Glad the ballet was so enjoyable :)

9:35 am  
Blogger stuart said...

and that comment was from me, Sarah C, but I'm on someone else's computer and can't be bothered to change their login, it would be ultra annoying for them - sorry!

9:36 am  
Blogger Kris said...

I would be proud of that meal Barbara! It's gorgeous and I want the recipe. :) How about, I show you how to grow your own aubergines and chick peas, and you show me how to make them into that lamb dish?

Fair exchange, and all that.

(and no, you didn't miss the posting, nor did I mess with the time stamp - I saved it as a draft on the Sat night as I was too tired to finish the blog, and completed it Sunday... but of course, the time stamp didn't change on the Sun)

3:09 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

It sounds yummy Barbara - can we come and eat it one day ;)

11:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home