Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Thursday, July 21, 2005

A question of etiquette

Just a random thought - when reading blogs, is it common courtesy to leave the occasional comment if you read someone's blog regularly, or is it ok to live vicariously and read without commenting ever on anything?

Sometimes I go to comment, then think, 'ah, no one will be bothered to read what I've put' or some such, and so I don't. Then I start thinking, but maybe I should, so they know that someone has read what they've written. Even if I'm the 10th person to comment 'I agree' etc.

Ramble over.

Good day - visited Nikki, Sarah was there too with her lot, kids all ran around like loons, mainly under foot and I sat in the corner wondering what on earth it was that I had to do at 3pm.

Didn't remember, so went home and put the kids down for a snooze anyhow, then remembered at about 4pm...

Ho hum

Went swimming with Grandma, then to pub playground. Kids to bed, Chinese for a late tea for the grown ups and now, I'm trying to formulate a response to Doncaster LEA's letter asking for a visit in August. Seems they've swept the lot under the rug and we're almost back to square one.

Bugger.

Bed time I think.

11 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

definitely litter your path with random comments. Attempt to be surreal, but settle for weird.

12:21 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

I like random comments - had one from a *complete* stranger the other day - I like knowing when people have read, but it is impossible to keep up with commenting on everyone's blogs. I think I comment less since I've really used rss in earnest, because I often read the blog post without even actually visiting the blog!

Good post to make though, Kris, couldn't help commenting on this one ;)

6:41 am  
Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Yes, I do the same Sarah, and occasionally feel guilty about it. So I make an effort once a week or so to get right around the ring and comment freely.

So what did you have to do at 3pm?

Um, why would the LEA like to visit in the school holidays? Don't they take a break?

8:17 am  
Blogger Classroomfree said...

Hmm, I do try to comment, but I like to go around the whole of the ring and to comment on everyones would take forever.

8:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comment! I do feel a tad disappointed when I don't get comments, and reassured when I do - but equally I often feel awkward commenting - tough one.
Sarah, Dino and Mimi.

11:26 am  
Blogger dottyspots said...

And I'm guilty of the one-word 'I agree' type comment ;0)

Atleast you remembered where it was you had to be when you got home (even if it did take a while).

Anyway, nice to see you - welcome as always :0)

6:31 pm  
Blogger Hazel said...

Well I was pleased you commented on my blog, (and it also encouraged me to come and seek out yours!) so keep commenting I say :o)

12:46 pm  
Blogger Em said...

Comment! Its great getting random comments. I try not to ask questions though, because I know I'll never ever remember to go back and check the comments on whichever blog it was on the ring.

6:55 pm  
Blogger Deb said...

Well I read your blog, so I suppose I should at least leave a comment to tell you so....

But yeah, I'm with Merry - I blog for me/us, rather than anyone else (hence how much stuff there is in my blog that is probably of absolutely no interest to anyone else), but I do love getting comments anyway :~)

9:51 am  
Blogger Tim said...

I am having an excellent surreal and weird day. I managed "I've Seen Sunny Days I Thought Would Never End." on Ros's blog and "I don't think we are in Kansas any more" on Merry's, well she was going on about a tornado in Peterborough. Must go, go some more weird stuff can't wait to escape...

5:50 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was greatly impressed on the post you have written. This is really a good site with great information along with excellent post about playground for all to view on this site.The information present here is helpful for the readers. Overall wonderful site. I'll come back to this blog for sure!
playground equipment

2:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home