Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Monday, July 04, 2005

Bradway today

Had a slow morning - let the girls watch some tv for an hour whilst I pottered round, tidied up, read the blog ring and cleared my emails. Tea and Piglet now get bored with the telly after a while, which to my mind is a good thing. Myf would still sit there all day if I let her.

Myf did some Jolly Phonics too - I thought we needed a recap as we've had a few weeks off, so she worked on her vowel blends. And, for some reason, today she managed to do all the cursive writing without a hitch. Seems mightily pleased with herself for 'writing like Mommy'. Maybe that's the problem I've been having with getting her to put pencil to paper - she doesn't like what she sees when she's written it. I have heard, here and there, that some people advocate going straight into cursive script - why teach a child twice how to write?

Anyhow, after that we toddled over to Sheffield to the mudpud group at Bradway. Our hastily-organised Hama session went down a treat, as did Jayne's fabulous face painting. My three were all entranced by their decorations, and Tea had to be bribed to wash her face (we told her she could have a cat next time). Myf made sure that we had a photograph of her flowers too, so shall blog that anon.

Need to have a bit of a wandering rant at some point, but at the moment, I just haven't got the energy. Does Blogger do private blog things? See, brain not working, can't even think of what you'd call a function to password blog entries. Apart from a function to password blog entries. jeeez

2 Comments:

Blogger Jax Blunt said...

no it doesn't.

You do have a hosting package that does though.

10:50 pm  
Blogger Kris said...

Well, when you have a moment, you might have to talk me through it, using short sentences and single syllable words. :-D

11:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home