Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Friday, June 24, 2005

Sidetracked

By the blogring, would you believe? Switched the computer on to print off the packing list (yes, I keep a master copy in excel format), and just thought I'd have a quick look at Jax's camping list.

Ho hum - it was only when I clicked 'next' and landed on my own blog that I realised I'd got a little off-target.

So shall now switch computer off and go pack something. Not sure what, as the caravan is still in storage and we still haven't decided which ruddy truck I'm taking. Was the green one last I heard. It's like a damned used car lot out there.

Oh, and half way through shopping, Myf asked me why people had to die. That made me stop in my tracks. A dozen possible answers kind of flitted through my head, but in the middle of a supermarket I took the coward's way out and asked her what made her say that? She replied that Grandma wasn't getting better and did that mean she was going to die? and if so, she really didn't want her to.

What do you say at moments like that? Mid-shop, trolley full of camping supplies, lunch a little overdue, Piglet pulling Tea's hair... I'm ashamed to admit that I gave her a hug and mumbled something inane before changing the subject rapidly and scolding Piglet. Just wasn't prepared for that in any way, shape or form.

Am going to go pack now. Honest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Classroomfree said...

Don't know if you will read this before you go, but just wanted to wish you a fab time away and a safe journey :-)

8:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've been through the people dying thing here. Feel free to pick what little brain I have left whenever you like.

9:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home