Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Fingers crossed

that this morning isn't so bad. It's not even half past seven, and I'm up, dressed and even breakfasted. Pretty amazing. However, there is method in my madness. Somehow, I have contrived to do something unpleasant to my back. After suffering for the past 5 days or so, I've given in and dug out the voltarol/diclofenac I was given last year when I hurt my shoulder. I loathe taking tablets (having lived on ibuprofen for years after college), so only took the bare minimum. Which means there's plenty left for an emergency like this.

And yes, I do classify it as an emergency - I leave for Kessingland in a little over 48 hours. And James has invited a couple of friends round for a BBQ tonight. And I'm supposed to be going on a girls night out on Friday (first time in ages and ages), and that's after a trip to the chiropractor as Friday afternoon was the first possible spot they could squeeze me in. And yes, it is as bad as all that, I'm afraid.

Man waved off to work. Breakfast eaten. Tablet taken - bleargh. Kids still asleep. Better go water the hanging baskets and tomatoes (as he was a little busy last night).

Oh, and did I mention one of the friends coming round for the BBQ is a bit of a neat freak? Bugger.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Osteopath! Worth every penny. I have a small remaining stock of DiHydroCodeine, which are good, Diclofenac did nothing for me except give me indigestion. How about T.E.N.S.?

10:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home