Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Crap morning

Being grumpy mommy. An hour behind schedule (ha, yeah, right, what schedule???) Being beastly to the three little urchins who would rather run around in the sunshine outside than get dressed, pick up trail of books and toys, find hairbrush and bands, locate shoes etc etc

Have also managed to hurt my back again. I've suffered with my back (or more accurately pelvis) for years and years, but recently, since having Piglet, it's been pretty good. So now it's hurting again, I'm having to relearn how to live with it. It's been 5 days now, and it's also getting worse. The most annoying thing is, I don't know how I've done it. It's not like I've had a major digging session at the allotment (although I really should do at some point) or rearranged the furniture or anything specific.

Suppose breakfast might be a good idea.


And you know what I really hate? Nasty cheap supermarket ham, the kind which when you take the last slice out of the packet, it's wet. Not just damp, but wring-out-and-hang-on-the-line sopping wet. It's revolting. Why do they have to add water to everything? I know it ups the weight and therefore the price and therefore the bottom line profit, but must everything be sacrified for profit? Flavour seems to be an optional extra these days. And if you want that, you have to add it in with something that begins 'E'.

One small comfort, though - I haven't bought fruit, veg or meat from a supermarket in over a month. :) Just my small stand for small, local producers and suppliers, but I get fruit and veg either from the little veggie stall in the village or from an organic vegebox supplier, and my meat either from the local butcher in the village or direct from the best farm shop ever. They raise and slaughter their own free-range, corn-fed chickens - no added water, no cross contamination in processing (did you know that organic chickens are processed on the same line as bog standard ones? with no cleaning in between batches?), no burnt hocks or black meat or birds spending their last remaining days with less room than the area of a sheet of A4 paper sat in ammonia filled barns...

Rant over. Going to try and get out of the house, over an hour late. :::sigh:::

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could all be to do with the waning gibbous!!!! or more precisely, with the full moon we just had? Tho that doesn't explain water in the ham! I just bought some of that, and am really regretting it again. I do it at about yearly intervals and then remember why I don't. It is always hideously salty too!

I've been nagging Lani into speed at every juncture. What is it all about? I just want to be responded to instantly now and again (when I've been reasonable enough to give a 5 min warning, and made sure she isn't in the middle of a great work of some sort!) I wouldn't mind if the response was a negotiation ... I just am so fed up with being completely ignored!

On the other hand, am trying to be more accepting that the sort of speed we live at is a cultural thing ... and that at some earlier point in my life I was as blissfully free of the culture of it, as she is! Can't imagine having to live through starting the day with the nag to get into uniform before breakfast, etc!!!

Thanks for the brackets, by the way. I accidentally backread (by coming in through your profile, and thus a post in Oct 04) and discovered your DH also works silly hours! ((()))) some for you too!

Best wishes
Sally

10:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home