Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday, July 24, 2005

It's raining!

And I'm so happy. :) Probably not the expected response to a steady, gentle, summer rain, but I've been hoping and hoping for this for a week or more. My poor garden and alloments desperately need this rain.

And I just found this:
"Analysis of the 2004 key stage 1 data indicates that, despite considerable improvements in standards at KS1 one in six children leave key stage 1 reading below level 2, and one in 10 below level 2 in mathematics. There are over 1,000 schools where less than 70% children achieved level 2 in reading and over 600 schools where less than 60% achieved level 2B in mathematics. In nearly all LEAs some schools fall into these categories."

If our LEA chap even dares to make a comment about Myf's reading... :) That is, of course, assuming we meet him.

But more about that anon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I don't think your LEA is a top performer either. Suggest they quit hassling you and get their own house in order?

10:57 pm  
Blogger dottyspots said...

You'll have to file that one away for possible regurgitation at a later date!

I bet your potatoes are loving the weather.

1:09 pm  
Blogger Joanna said...

Kris
I can't find your e-mail address, and don't want to fill up your blog or mine with discussions about my garden, LOL! Can you e-mail me on joanna-01@goldie-family.org.uk Thanks

8:48 pm  
Blogger HelenHaricot said...

well, i like getting comments, and try to comment on peoples that i have met.
i also liked rain for veggies, though due to move, they are a sad looking lot!

12:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home