Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Little surprise

Back in March, we got a couple of bunnies from one of Myf's cousins in Wakefield. They were quite small, and we chose a black one and a brown one. Daddy named them Guiness and Tetley. Suitable names for a couple of boy bunnies.


Tetley, however is not a boy.


I was checking on them yesterday (it's Myf's job to feed and water them every day, but I check in every so often just to make sure) and when I opened the sleeping compartment, to see if they needed cleaning out, I saw a large pile of pale brown fur in the corner. Thinking they'd been fighting, I reached out to touch it - lovely soft, warm bunny fur. Absolutely gorgeous.

When it jumped and started squeaking, however, I had to reassess the situation. Underneath their soft coverlet of down were four little blind, naked baby bunnies, no more than 3 inches long. Eyes tightly closed, soft velvety skin all wriggling and smooth. Three black and one brown.

Bearing in mind that our guinea pig is expecting, probably due at the end of July, it seems our menagerie is growing slightly quicker than planned. Espcially as I'm supposed to be getting some chickens sometime in July too...

Anyone want a new pet? ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Stew?

:-)

8:35 pm  
Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Wow, cute.

8:53 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Me! We want a new pet, think we're a touch far away though :(

8:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Err I think I might be allowing myself to be persuaded?

8:42 pm  
Blogger HelenHaricot said...

rofl!!
oh, and that isn't you tim!

8:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home