Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Friday, April 15, 2005

Minutes letter

Well - it's done. Have actually finished the bloody thing that's been plaguing me for weeks (well, a month almost). Am not going to post the entire thing here, as I'm sure you've all got much better things to do than read a snide dig at the LEA.

I think I've refrained from the libellious invective I initially wrote - it's been edited and added to so much I'm not sure how much is my original text. then again, as someone so beautifully put it, "It's only libellious if it isn't true". ;) I like it, I like it.

One particular paragraph I really like comes right at the end though - the main part of it was originally written by me, but a rather nice chap on LEAwork gave me a few suggestions on how to word it:

"Doncaster LEA cannot make up their own version of the law and insist on policies going beyond it. Richard Iball has continued to demonstrate hostility and suspicion towards families not following his preferred educational style. It is not be possible to work constructively with him, unless he radically revises his approach away from visiting, inspecting and policing. As well as having no legal right to insist on visits, you also have no right to insist that we deal with a particular individual. We suggest that you take legal advice and consult with DfES before proceeding further with any planned SAOs."

It just reads so nicely. I may be letting myself in for some hassle at some point or other, but as I've said to a number of people, I'll move, then sue the LEA for harassment. :) Or vice versa. Feeling a tad 'what the hell' at the moment. Might change my tune when the real hassle starts, I suppose.

Off for a cup of tea (minus whiskey, Nikki! shall be over at some point with copy of letter unless you'd like it emailing) and a slice of 'raisin cake' [malt loaf]. Feeling quite guilty though, as have just eaten half a tube of Smarties - not sure which is worse, the piggy feeling or the fact they're made by Nestle... I think they're a hangover from Easter. Urgh

1 Comments:

Blogger dottyspots said...

Well that bit looks good :0)

Smarties are the one thing my eldest misses (I refuse to buy Nestle), but he's never really complained, more a sorry sigh - although he was thrilled to have a Smarties egg off my grandparents.

You're welcome round anytime, hopefully R. will get the hand of the oven soon and bake some nice cakes (they're usually lovely). HE as slave-labour, my kids do all the baking ;0)

10:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home