Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Quiet Sunday

James went shooting this morning (air rifle at targets), so we had a nice quiet lazy day, doing odd jobs and a bit of ironing. I've read more of the Sonlight curriculum and really want to get started on it, but it seems next week is conspiring against me as I've got two lots of stuff organised for mornings, and I was intending on doing most of the stuff first thing before we left the house...

However, tomorrow morning, we have D's friend Charlie to play. Actually, Charlie should have gone back to school, but the RC primary he attends is having an extra day off, 'teacher training'. And Lisa has to go to college. And so, for some bizarre reason, I said, 'I'll have Charlie for you'. Like 4 kids could be any worse than 3 eh? lol

But, fingers crossed, as long as Barbara and her lot aren't too poorly tomorrow, we'll all be heading out to Sheffield for a playtime session at the little softplay centre. It's a great little place, small and just right for a dozen or so little ones to go manic in. And, on a Monday morning, it's nice and quiet too.

Have just been plotting Wednesday morning's entertainment with Jax and Sarah too. Add to that James' day off it Tues and we always do something with him... suddenly that's half my week gone.

However, I've started putting T and F down for a nap and letting D stay up (yes, my 5 year old still has an afternoon nap - maybe for no more than 45 minutes, an hour max, but it makes a world of difference to her temperament). And we've got some good work done in that hour or so her sisters snooze for. T will go for an hour and half, and sometimes I have to wake F up after a couple of hours. D and F love their sleep! T isn't too bothered, and if she misses her nap, it's not overly noticable. Then again, she's spaced for most of the time anyway! :)

Forgot to blog yesterday that Barbara, E, B and R came over. Barbara and I sat and drank tea and read through lots and lots of Sonlight stuff. :) The kids trashed the living room and D's bedroom, and had a thoroughly enjoyable time doing so. D and E seem to get on really, really well. Fingers crossed it continues!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home