Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Popcorn

We just made home grown popcorn. And no, that's not a typo. :)

Last year I grew a variety of Amish corn called Purple Popcorn. And what do you know - but it is! I put an entire ear of dried corn into the microwave, turned it on and stood well back. After a couple of minutes, it began to jump around and fluffy white popcorn appeared. The kernels were smaller than commercial popcorn, and a little chewier, but the girls didn't complain. Drizzle on a little melted butter and they were fighting over it.

Home grown popcorn. Am I pleased with myself or what? And to add to the brag, I have peas and courgettes barely days away from harvest, my spinach is overflowing the square foot bed (having had three good dinners and numerous salads out of it already), and I think that any day now I could start rootling around under lush foliage for the first new potatoes.

Wonder if it's too late to sow some corn direct into the soil.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justifyably proud m'dear - well done!

4:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home