Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Friday, February 18, 2005

Sonlight

Well, colour me impressed. I ordered a batch of curriculum stuff from Sonlight last week - and it arrived yesterday. :o

I'm so pleased with it too. Have spent a big chunk of this afternoon sorting out all the paperwork into the relevant binders and am now going to sit and read through all the instructor guides and suggested reading and flick through the books... Now all I need to do is get to Ikea to buy another bookshelf for all these gorgeous books. Heh heh

Spent the last two days down in Birmingham, helping Mom move. My step-dad, Terry, isn't very well, so I figured Mom could use a helping hand. DH - no, let's call him by his proper name, shall we? much better - James had the kids for me and I left the house at some stupid time on Wednesday am. Let's just say I drove 20 minutes to the m-way junction, filled up with fuel and a McMuffin breakfast and was on the M1 by 7.15am. And what a morning to chose to leave - the frost was so thick on the hood of the truck, it didn't melt until I'd been on the road an hour.

So, we packed, sorted, loaded, shifted, taped and stacked on Wednesday, and then packed, sorted, loaded, shifted and taped some more on the Thursday, as well as lifting, humping, moving, shoving, untaping, unpacking and collapsing by 7pm. Oh, and then I drove home. ::: sigh :::

But at least I had a nice surprise once home. There was a cup of tea and a hot bath waiting for me - as well as the Sonlight stuff. And James had done 5 loads of washing (plus dried and folded it all!), mopped the kitchen floor and vac'd the dining room and living room. :) Maybe I need to go away more often.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

Send him over! I need that kind of help!

8:37 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

It was the K you ordered, wasn't it? I didn't bring all of it to Melrose Kirsty, and obviously it's easier to get to Kris's to look at the books, but if there are any "how did you use this book?" "did you think this book was too hard?" "how did you fit this in?" type questions I'm very happy to have a go at answering them

1:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home