Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Chesterfield meet

Well, we managed to get out of the house at about quarter to 11 this morning - after we'd told Sarah that, yes, we'll see you there between 10.30 and 11am...

Oops - we forgot about the nearly three quarter of a hour's drive from south of Donny to sunny Chesterfield. And oh, did I mention the bloody stupid mapquest directions that dumped me in the middle of the damned hospital carpark??? No, not for any A&E treatment, I assure you - but I followed those directions to the letter and was somewhat puzzled when the final instruction stated 'turn right and arrive at your destination' and I found myself nose to tail with an ambulance.

It's the first time I've been anywhere with just internet-generated directions - and I'm not bloody doing it again. I shot into the middle of Chesterfield, (hope there were no speed cameras, as I was a little irritated and may have overlooked the speed limits by a couple of mph here and there), found a garage, purchased an AtoZ and found myself at the old brick building in the middle of a pretty pleasant park type space in no time at all. Only 11.45am. Durrrrrr.

However, we made another kind of concertina dragons, so D was pleased with that. T got to paint some Chinese letters, and F's day was made by the appearance of a very cute spaniel who tore up and down the parquet flooring skidding slipping and sliding all over the place. No traction control on that dog. No rules at this home-ed group either, and my three seemed to enjoy themselves. And hopefully it won't take the better part of an hour to get there in future.

After that, we all decamped back to Sarah's, where Dino and my three disappeared into the garden to empty the playshed and make an inordinate amount of noise outside, whilst we sat inside drinking tea in a most civilised (eg, adult) fashion and talking cloth nappies, soap nuts and Alien movies. :-D

All in all a good day had by all. lol

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was fun! Thanks for coming. Must get together again soon.

The mad spaniel is Deefer, the smaller cute puppy is Ted and the rules are pretty much, don't shed blood, don't fight, don't run over babies - do what activity you want or vacate to the park as long as you have an adult with you! There are some rules and guidelines about conflist resolution but they'd only really be dragged out if there was a problem.

I like it most of the time, an easy going but active group - with a park!

By the way - give your 3 big hugs from me. I don't recall having to speak to either them or Dino at all while we were being civilised.

11:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home