Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Friday, October 07, 2005

LEA looms large

I am sick to death of this LEA nonsense. It's not like I've haven't got anything else to do.

Have finally finished my letter (2 pages of irate rhetoric), and have an updated Educational Philosophy (2 pages, with references, web links and suggestions for books he should read!), a current Diary of Activities (2 pages, in depth) and a book list (1 page, but that's just the books from 2 shelves in the living room - I haven't listed all the ones upstairs or got from the library etc). Plus a couple of pages on Autonomous Education (for his information, as Myf is technically autonomous at present as we're not doing anything *formal* until she hits seven - in theory). I'm not bothering with a summary of the law EO style, as he's probably shredded more copies of that than I've had glasses of wine.

You reckon that's enough? I won't bore you, dear readers, with the entire body of text that is going to land on that irritating little man's desk on Monday morning, but I shall just cut'n'paste the final paragraph, as I'm fairly pleased with it. Any suggestions or modifications gratefully received. :)

Continual harassment of this nature, demanding ‘evidence’ that neither exists, nor is required, is detracting from my daughter’s education. Time that should be spent with my children is instead being spent drafting irate communiqués and compiling unnecessary lists.

Ok, so maybe I should rephrase the bit about irate communiques, but I was sooooooooooo right royally p*ssed off when I wrote it. :)

But on a more positive note, I had a houseful today and it was great. Sarah appeared first, with her two and Jax's two, shortly followed by Jayne and her three to collect a guinea pig. I went and fetched my younger two from playgroup and we had 10 kids and 3 adults squished into my little house. Well, the three older boys all went outside and did unmentionable things with water and mud and sand and building detrius and I think they had a marvellous time. Sorry Jayne! :)

When everyone had gone, I hoofed the three of them into bed for a quick nap whilst I finalised the irate communique, then it was off to the doc's for Myf, who'd been complaining of earache all afternoon. Waited half an hour for the doc to say there was nothing wrong with her - and she announced she felt fine. Earache only reappeared at bedtime, but it was swiftly chased in bed and I haven't heard a peep since.

After that we went and collected our veggie box from a friend who's started a local organic veggie box scheme, Bawtry Organics. At last, a local source! :) Scrumptious looking leeks and melons and a big box of fat avocados, glossy aubergines, punnets of rich brown mushrooms and baskets of lemons - there were boxes of fresh veg and fruit spilling out of her garage and it all smelled divine. She's at Doncaster racecourse this weekend for the food festival, so I hope it all goes well.

So now, time to print out the final draft (must post it on the lea list first) and then get an early night. Have a busy morning planned - have to do a bit of supermarket shopping (argh), present shopping, fill truck with gas (opposite side of Doncaster to me), fetch caravan (from top end of Doncaster), clean, load and pack said van, sort out pets etc and be ready to go down to B'ham for my brother's 30th all by 3pm. And do all normal feeding, dressing, chasing, etc of small children whilst I'm at it.

Oh, and post the damned letter.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Turn on the word verification thing.

You're missing a comment in your paragraph, after 'nor is required'

And I'd leave irate in.

He's getting to be a bit of a pain, isn't he?

9:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(hug) Hun - He is a "Bl**dy stupid A*******" to quote form somewhere overheard recently lol.

I'd leave irate in too.

9:12 pm  
Blogger Kris said...

What word verification thing? Commas duly inserted. :)

9:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. Sock puppet of the arsehole and stick pins in it!

9:21 am  
Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Think blogger has a setting where you can require commenters to pass word verification (they get a little image of a word that they have to type in). Horribly irritating for regular commenters, but then so is spam.

Wouldn't have put the comma before nor I don't think, just one after the phrase.

Gosh I'm pernickety. ;)

10:03 am  
Blogger Hazel said...

Poo and wee and bums and willies to "The Eyeball." Are you still coming to the cinema to watch Barbie with us? xxx

12:40 pm  
Blogger dawniy. said...

could you tell us the source of the scrummy sounding fuit and veg too??

I feel I need to share with you that when our LEA chap came we had nothing prepared and stef answered the door in his boxer shorts!! half asleep. he went away for 15 mins while we got dressed and then just came and joined in with our usual morning (which included him being mobbed by Naomi) he looked at what the girls are doing, admired stuff on the walls. Drank coffee and left. A few days later he sent us a glowing report! so I just hope you have an experience just as good (maybe be dressed though :)

1:21 am  
Blogger Deb said...

Well done on a marvellous final paragraph to the Eyeball. And LOL at the look I'm imagining on the faces of those readers who don't know who he is :~). I'd settle for him rather than what we're facing here in NI though...but anyway, I'm saving your final paragraph for potential future use, hope you don't mind :~)

9:57 am  
Blogger Kris said...

By all means, please feel free to borrow any bits that might be of use. :)

Veggy source is Bawtry Organics, a little company a friend has set up locally. Shall source contact number and blog it shortly.

11:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home