Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Monday, October 03, 2005

Little bit of maths

Shortly after my last blog entry, I was trolling round the blog ring, and came across Hazel's link to the percentile charts. I had to print one out, and so we did a little maths. Everyone stood up against the doorway, and I marked their height on the woodwork with a thick black pen. That went down a treat - Mom drawing on the walls! (it was a dry-wipe pen)

Plotting the heights against the various ages, we find that Myf is between the 75th and 90th percentile, Tea is smack bang on the 50th - and Piglet is way off the scale. No surprises there then! And as Myf helped me read the heights on the tape measure, found the right numbers on the chart, and then helped cross reference them with their ages, I think that ticks off maths quite nicely for today.

It didn't help that Hazel also linked to a source of food. Spent a tad over £30 (!) at goodnessdirect, including some stuff for James' mum. I got her the Uncheeze cookbook for her birthday, as she's on a vegan diet (from the cancer clinic) and one of the main ingredients in a lot of things is nutritional yeast. And I found some on this website! So a huge thanks and a big hug to Hazel for pointing me in the direction of it. :)

Huge great big pan of macaroni and cauliflower cheese for tea

2 Comments:

Blogger Hazel said...

Oops, sorry about that link, lol. I always sprinkle some of that nutritional yeast on Romy's soup, etc as it's a good extra source of B-vitamins. Hope James's Mum gets well soon. xxx

9:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have pen marks up one door frame - named and dated. Must get round to transfering them to paper, card or something so I can take them with me.

Link sounds good - must remember to go lok at it!

10:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home