Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Busy week

Have hardly had to time to pee this week. (I used to wonder what on earth people meant by that statement when I was a kid. Now, I know...)

It's just been one chaotic, headless day after another. Either in the car, going somewhere, coming back, taking something, round in circles. Preschool and playgroup and visits and shopping and lunches with friends and friends coming over and paperwork coming out of my ear.

Damn the Eyeball, too, as he's still demanding reams of written work, in spite of the letters I've been sending him saying we are of a broadly Steiner-Waldorf philosophical bent, yadda yadda yadda, no written work, yadda yadda yadda... and the man still wants to see 'artwork, which may be captioned, things she may have recorded, multiplication tables or maths concepts she may have recorded (she's 6!!!!)" I could go on.

But I won't as it all depresses me something bloody awful and I'm fed up of having to worry about him on top of everything else that's going on. I have till Monday to provide him with stuff, and as we're away all weekend, until Tuesday, I'd better spend tonight writing damned letters to the blasted LEA, when I'd rather be finishing off the cute little bear I'm knitting for a friend's 4 week old daughter, or lying in the bath reading my latest 'Grow Your Own' magazine whilst sipping a cold bacardi and coke.

Although the next letter is going to include words such as 'bullying' and 'harrassment' and the like. Not sure whether to include the bit about him contravening my Human Rights and all that (yes, there is a clause in there I can use :)

However, on top of Myf mastering the knit stitch at the start of the week, she also had a recorder lesson at Nikki's on Wednesday, in which she learnt the first three notes, G, A and B, plus was shown tenor, treble and sopranino recorders, as well as listened to Nikki playing some 18th C stuff as well as more modern - so I think that's music ticked off. We read some Roman books, but they haven't really inspired her.

I did notice, however, that in the last couple of history-ish books we've read through, she's been very intersted in what they've been wearing. Hardwick Hall fascinated her, mainly because of the dresses. And in the Women in Rome book we got from the library, she went looking for dresses and togas and what the different styles were called. Maybe I ought to skip specifics and get a book on fashion through the ages.

Made a hobby horse for Kindertots. It went down an absolute treat today.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Horse is kinda cute!

9:08 pm  
Blogger HelenHaricot said...

i kind of pictuew him to be like wormtongue....

11:02 pm  
Blogger Nikki said...

Kris, how horrible to be having to deal with such a stone age LEA. I haven't read the whole saga of your dealings with Mr Eyeball, but it sounds appalling. With regard to him demanding to see samples of Myf's work...just a thought, and you may well have done this already, but when our LEA did that I wrote to them pointing out that Emily's work was her own private property and that they had zero rights to demand to see any without our and her explicit consent. I'd already quoted the letter of the law and pointed out how they (public servants and all that) were misrepresenting it. We'd sent an ed phil and refused any visits. After quite a few stroppy letters back and forth, we haven't heard from them since October last year. Anyway, best of luck in a yukky, yukky situation. Hang on in there, you know your rights!

8:39 am  
Blogger Em said...

just wanted to send you a *F**k the LEA man cuddley hug* really. Great hobby horse!!!! :0)

8:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home