Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Things they say

"Tea, please don't say bloody," says I, cringing as the middle one is running around the bathroom, shrieking 'bloody water everywhere'.
"Yes, Tea," says Myf sagely from the bath. "There are some words we aren't allowed to say, aren't there Mom?"
"Yes dear."
"We aren't allowed to say holy cow, or bugger, or holy shit, are we Mom?"
"No dear," says I.

Don't ask me how I kept a straight face, but the effort nearly killed me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL
"Bugger off cat" is a classic here and a little while ago I realised Dino knows "Bitch" and uses it reasonably within context.

OOPS

4:22 pm  
Blogger Emma said...

That bath-time conversation made me laugh so much!!

My kids know that I just can't help saying 'bloody' when I get stressed.

R saw a van parked in front of our drive when he was about 2 and said "Mummy, there's a bloody van parked in the way".

Of course, I blamed DH for swearing in front of him, but I knew really that it was all down to me ;-)

10:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home