Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday, September 11, 2005

It's that time of year

The first seed catalogue just landed on my mat. :) Which of course, led me to begin speculating on what I'd grow next year. Which in turn made me start berating myself for how crap I've done this year in the garden and so I've wandered over to Muddy Musings to have a ramble there.

And now I'm making alist of everything I want to grow next year, I'm already revisiting my favourite on line seed sellers (browsing Vida Verde as we speak) and vowing, of course, to do it all much better next year.

On a home-ed front, I've decided that tomorrow is the start of our study term. Shall not be mentioning the s-c-h-o-o-l word around here. Three days a weeks, Mon Wed and Fri, we're going to have proper sit down at table and do 'stuff' kind of days. Just a couple of hours in the morning, and then they can do what they like in the afternoon. We need to cover the basics in maths and the like, and to brush up on the whole reading/writing thing.

At least, that's the thoery. Let's see how it works in practise.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap in the garden?? You??

*snort* Stop berating - you inspired me to dig a bit and grow a bit and you ate loads from yours.

8:07 pm  
Blogger dottyspots said...

I've got the beginnings of 10ft lettuce too - so you're not alone there Barbara (dh planted somewhere in the region of thousands of lettuce - I've no idea why, he must've know we couldn't possibly eat them all!)

7:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home