Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Apologies

But I've turned on the word verification thingy for the comments. How much spam is actually of any use to anyone? Do these people have nothing else better to do than irritate us?

Be warned, am very irritable at the moment. Haven't heard back from LEA, which I guess is a bonus. Posted Eyebal's letter a day late, but hey, what the heck. And my calendar is absolutely jammed and I feel like I have no time to breathe. At least the Diary of Activities that I sent in with my letter was pretty full up.

Just looking at my calendar and I've got the 17th, 18th and 26th of this month free. That's all. There is something written on every single other day. 3 days a week we're out of the house for just before 9am (ok, so Thursdays, technically, I don't have to leave until 9.15). This Sunday I'm doing a roast dinner for 5 adults and 7 kids. In my little house? There are three separate things happening on Saturday alone. And add to that the fact that James is off to Croatia for 9 days, as of Tuesday 25th. Yes, he is missing Hallowe'en and you have no idea how ticked off I am about that.

On a lighter note, I'm still waiting for my guinea pig to have her piglets! The poor thing is the size of a rugby ball and I'm looking at the calendar in some trepidation. Guinea pig gestation is between 52 and 70 days (7.5 to 10 weeks). And it generally goes that the longer the pregnancy, the more babies there are in the litter.

Cheesecake has been pregnant for 9.5 weeks. Now the average size of the litter is 2-4, but can be as many as 8. (I did find on one site a vague reference to the occasional occurence of 10+ piglets... but I shall ignore that)

Anyhow, watch this space and I shall post a few pictures as and when she pops. Again. :::sigh:::
This time, however, Moose is in a separate cage already, and shall remain there. :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bagsy 2 piggies with a bit of luck if you have any spare too!!! Becca has been after a piggie for ages and we have the offer of a free hutch when we get arround to it!

Hope teh verification things cuts your spam down!

7:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugger - wanted Monday! Tuesday 18th? We'll come to you if you don't fancy driving?

11:46 am  
Blogger Kris said...

LOL! I have no idea about induction - I think it's straight to c-section. Poor sow is just so enormous.

I have a feeling there will be plenty of piggies for everyone, if it all goes well. :)

7:30 pm  
Blogger Nikki said...

Oooh, more babies! Hope Mummy Guinea pig has a happy birth sooner rather than later :)

You're welcome to come over any time to collect books and play - just let me know when. Or, with your busy calendar (and wow, that is busy) if it's easier for us to pop round to you that's fine too.

8:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home