Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I'm back

And it was absolutely fabulous. :) Want to go back, want to go back.

Actually, we very seriously looked at land and houses over there. James is wanting a move, and we still haven't ruled out moving abroad. We've always looked at Brittany and NW France, but Croatia would be good. It's so stunningly beautiful out there, and it's relatively uncrowded. The soil is a rich, dark red and everywhere you look are grape vines and olive groves. :::sigh:::

The house we stayed at had wisteria growing round the front that was just coming into flower as we arrived, and as we were leaving the flowers were giving way to silvery green leaves. The garden was walled, and they had a handful of outbuildings, including one known as the summer kitchen. Apparently in the summer it gets too hot to cook in the main house, so they do it all in the separate 'summer kitchen' to avoid over heating the house. Which is made of stone so it stays lovely and cool inside.

We had temperatures of 25 degrees and gorgeous hot sunny days. I have a whole raft of photos to upload, but I need to finish editing them. We took over 700 pictures, so I'm going to have to choose the best dozen to blog.

However, I need to go finish some laundry now - I have mountains of the stuff. Oh for a cleaning lady who irons... lol. Never mind, once I've hung some stuff out, I need to attack my garden. The grass is 8" high and my poor lawnmower needs its blades sharpening. I'm really after a scythe though (long story). We saw someone using one in Croatia, and Myf said 'Mommy, when we get our farm, will you need one of those?'

Certainly will, my dear. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home