Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Monday, January 10, 2005

New week, old routine

Hurray - DH is back to work, all playgroups have restarted, regular routine is now theoretically achievable.

I hadn't realised how much I'd missed my old pre-festive-season routine. The kids love having DH at home, but he doesn't half throw my day out of sync. We have been getting on much better recently, though, so maybe things aren't all doom and gloom there.

Today we're off to our normal Mon/Wed playgroup. It's the one I used to help run before D came out of school. I suppose I should still be helping to run it, but I hardly seem to have been there the past few months. Still, it means we've to be out of the house for 9.45am. A technically feasible feat, seeing as how we used to be up, fed, dressed and out for 8.45am. But, as it's now 9.15, and the small people are still running round in pyjamas, albeit breakfasted, I'm not sure we will be out on time. And, add to that the fact I'm tapping away on this blasted machine...

D threw me slightly this morning though - came into my bedroom first thing, after DH had gone to work. "I miss my school friends, mommy. I still have my old uniform, don't I?" I agreed that yes, we still have the uniform. Why? Did she want to go back to school? "Yes please. Well, I think I do."

Gah. Just what one needs on a Monday morning. So I explained that she couldn't go back to school in the middle of the year, but if she still wanted to go back after the summer, then we'd talk about it more. Sound fair? Workable? I did say we'd ask one of her friends round for tea sometime this week and that seemed to cheer her up. Maybe kids sense more of what is going on around them than we give them credit for. DH and I haven't exchanged a cross word in front of them, leaving all the heavy conversation until after they are in bed, but sometimes...

And on a more cheerful gardening thread, I've had a number of people comment about our gardening activities. So, I might open a new blog for gardening stuff - what I'm planting, when, how etc etc. Can't promise I'll stick to just gardening things - I tend to get philosophical when grubbing around in the dirt. Will probably digress and cross post and generally waffle away there too, but I should be able to indulge my anorak-ish passion for rare, heirloom and open-pollinated seeds, and ramble away to my heart's content. Heh heh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home