Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday, January 08, 2005

wow

We've put all the red Reception words on the tree, apart from the three D couldn't remember. I've sat down at the puter to check a few emails - and there is something odd going on behind me.

D and T are standing on chairs next to our newly-adorned word tree. D is pointing to words, reading them to T and getting T to repeat them after her... I'm stunned. She read the entire tree for T to repeat, then gave her a big hug and an effusive "well done" when they'd finished. Now she's going through the Yr 1 words, spelling them out to T and asking me the occasional question.

Self-directed learning at its best. lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home