Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Word tree

I've stolen this idea from someone - I think it's Jax. :) I've found all the KS1 words for Reception, Yrs 1 and 2, and have printed them all out onto a nifty little leaf template I made by scanning in an actual oak leaf and spending a fun ten minutes in Corel photo paint.

In Publisher I've done half a dozen leaf shapes to a page, put a nice big word in each in Comic Sans and am now printing them all out - Reception words on red, Yr 1&2 onto green.

And now I've finished playing, I've got the girls to help make a big paper tree, we've stuck in on the wall with a combination of sellotape and blu-tak (note to self - need more of both!).

So, if anyone wants some ready-to-print KS1 words... just shout. lol It's a big file, 20,000kb though. Gave Publisher a little indigestion the first time I asked it to print. But they actually look really good. Am well chuffed.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

erm, yes please! Josiah would probably really love something like that especially for him. I think we need a photo of yours, too :)

12:40 pm  
Blogger Jax Blunt said...

I stole it from Caroline ;)

I'll steal it back though, fits in nicely with our decision this morning that things have got to change round here.

1:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm can I have just the words? Awkward but I'd like Dino to do his own leaves. Or a link to a list or something? I don't have a clue which words to put on.

10:44 pm  
Blogger Kris said...

Those who want the words and template, but didn't leave an email addy (as I'm new to this blog thing and haven't a clue how to respond to people who've left comments!), my email is poledragon at aol dot com. Pub files is just over 6MB, word doc is only 50kb.

9:08 am  
Blogger Jax Blunt said...

I think if you've got the blog set up to email the comments to you, and you just reply to the comment it will go through to the address in most cases...

10:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home