Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

LEA looming

Been a hectic week - hardly been in the house.

Have just realised that the impending visit of Mr Eyebal from Doncaster LEA is next week... eeep. Must get that letter in the post. Procrastination is my middle name - no wonder xmas has snuck up on me so ruddy quick.

I have a horrible feeling I'm going to have to go to Meadowhell to have a quick blast through the remains of the Yuletide shopping. Ugh.

DH is off work at the mo with a bad back - no entirely sure how he did it, but one minute he was walking across the garage forecourt to pay for the diesel on Tuesday, the next, I thought he was having a heart attack. Later, he said it felt like someone had stabbed him through with a sword (this from a man who used to fence, and now does bu jutsu with a more substantial blade than just a foil). So that's been him buggered for nearly a week now. Ended up at A&E having him x-rayed to see if he'd chipped a bone or slipped a disk. Nothing. They gave him lots of lovely co-codamol though, and some anti-spasmodics to try and help his back relax.

Of course, the drugs had the same effect on his brain - I now have a space cadet for a bloke. The girls think it's funny having Daddy in cloud cuckoo land...

Our visit last week (I'm so baaad at this blog thing) was to the Deep in Hull. What a great day out! The girls loved it and I did hear myself wonder aloud how long it took to polish all those nose prints off the aquarium glass each evening. Sharks, rays, coral reefs, even a tubular tank of glow-in-the-dark jellyfish. We'll definitely be going back there again. :) It's a shame the shop was shut, but they were refitting it. There is also another section opening at some point. Their little education booklet is good - comes with a pencil and a thick cardboard back so the kids can use it on the way round the place. Although it was a little advanced for D and G.

T was ecstatic though - I think which ever planet she comes from must be populated by strange multicoloured beings that float around... kind of like Daddy at the moment, thinking about it. :)

Right, bedtime. Before I fall asleep face down on my keyboard and wake up with lots of little square imprints across my forehead.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Post your letter woman!

And christmas hasn't snuck up yet, I've barely started shopping. Bah humbug.

11:52 pm  
Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Missed you today - hope everything is all right?

7:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home