Mud & Mischief

Just our way of home educating our three girls; assisted by an allotment, a Land Rover and a heap of ingenuity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Thursday, November 04, 2004

well, I've tried two days running to update the blog, but something has gone amiss. Never mind, I'm here now.

Seems I'm a once a week poster at the mo. Still, we're now officially home educating. :) Still can't quite believe we've done it. We spent half term floating around the countryside - two days on a friend's dairy farm in Cheshire, then three days with the caravan in the Peak district, doing some green laning with the Disco. :) That's a separate blog all together. Must figure out how to post picture on here.

And then, Monday morning, I did it - went and took eldest's de-reg letter into school. Total ruddy wuss, mind you - kind of chucked it at the secretary, mumbled soemthing about passing it onto the head and then bolted back to the car. Which at first appears quite daft, but I'm a sensitive sort and don't like offending someone. Which basically what I've just done - after all, taking your child out of school is really telling the teachers that you don't think they can do their job properly, which in my books counts as rather offensive.

Anyhow, enough of that (and just how many times can one use the word 'which' in one paragraph?)

Today was a good day - we went to Doncaster's little museum, which has a rather neat variety of displays, and one large stuffed growling bear which alarmed the smaller two somewhat - until the littlest one realised the bear wasn't really moving and that she'd rather climb up it to see why. Did reading of various exhibits (literacy), studied old maps of Doncaster (history, geography), and counted the old medals in the war room (numeracy). Then it was off to Brewsters for an hour's belting around the nice, new, clean play area (P.E.). After lunch, that wasn't bought from Brewsters I hasten to add, we went and fed the ducks, geese and swans at Lakeside (unsure as to classification - nature studies? lol)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

Well done on taking the plunge! I couln't even face taking my recent de-reg letter in person - I had to put a stamp on it and post it. but O, what a feeling of relief!

2:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home